Follow by Email
FOLLOW BY EMAIL
Monday, April 26, 2010
Stories like this make me want to tweet!
I love everything technology. I push my Blackberry curve to the limit with the amount of apps I run on it. A few months ago, I purchased a Rebel SLR camera and now I made the transition from PC to Mac getting over my aversion for the hype that accompanies Apple products. I figured I'd give them a fair chance. Apple has come a long way from the days of the rainbow. But on this rainy day I am tempted to give in to another cyber trend: tweeting. To be perfectly clear I have yet to sign on to twitter but an article I read in New York's Metro News last Thursday, is making me rethink my position. The article titled "Hollywood 'tweets' to aid disease", showed me what most of you twitterers probably already know: twitter is an amazing tool if used the right way. At first I thought that letting people know what I was doing play by play was quite self indulgent and a little naive. What could one possibly be doing that might interest me at that very moment? I also saw twitter as a stalker's dream! Hey creepy guy/gal I'm over here!!! WUWT? Right? But reading about Colin Powell, billionaire Bill Gates and Queen Rania of Jordan using their fame to raise awareness for Malaria changed my mind by redefining my vantage point. Joining them in their Twitter campaign to stop Malaria Ashton Kutcher, Ryan Seacrest and other Hollywood stars started sending out tweets encouraging their followers to donate to buy bed nets which protect against the mosquitoes that spread malaria in Africa. What a concept? Raising awareness via tweet! FWAC loves this! Look out we just might get a Twitter account! Love, Kelie
Just a thought...
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in other; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
- Audrey Hepburn
- Audrey Hepburn
- ► 2011 (404)
- Lunchtime in Midtown...NYC 4/30/2010
- I am Haitian, I am an artist event in images
- Life for the world's "I am Haitan, I am an artist"...
- Fashion's Night Out to have Fashion show open to t...
- Stories like this make me want to tweet!
- Just because we love T-shirts....
- Earth day the Gilt Groupe way!
- Earth Day turns 40 tomorrow!
- Vogue Paris - May 2010 triple cover. Odd.
- En images...
- It is crunch time...Zac Posen for Target pop up shop!
- Michelle in Mexico in images
- Michelle visits Haiti sans Barack
- Please watch this slideshow!
- Don't forget....
- Recessionista files: Sample Sales
- Michelle O's latest looks
- Oh the sass!
- Zac Posen for Target pop-up shop!
- Reblog from NYmag's "The Cut"
- Recessionista files: Sample sales and other bargains!
- Happy Easter!
- ▼ April (23)