Thursday, January 12, 2012
12th Way to Discover Haiti: You!
I spent the morning on Twitter and Google looking for coverage on the current situation in Haiti. I was shocked to find so little. Maybe it is still too early in the day and reporters are still waiting on their assistants to come back with their morning coffee. Or maybe Haiti has become old news already. Let's be honest most hot topics don't make it past the 3 week mark anyway. Whatever the case may be, due to the colossal work that still needs to be done over there, we choose to keep Haiti at the forefront of our news.
By now we all know the facts:
Date: January 12, 2010 (2 years)
Death toll: +300, 000 dead in 35 seconds
Over 1 million impacted (injuries, homelessness and cholera)
Ongoing needs: Medical, shelter, food and clean water.
The 12th way to discover Haiti is to Discover Haiti for Yourself by staying informed, getting involved and paying it's people a little visit perhaps! Many celebrities have visited the island since the earthquake, namely: Sean Penn, Oprah, A Belle in Brooklyn, Neo, Farrakhan, Rachel Roy, Martha Stewart and President Bill Clinton to only name a few. They all fell in love with the culture, the people and were amazed by the resiliency of this nation. They have also given their time and resources to this cause. Join them! We guarantee you won't regret following in their footsteps.
Hope and A Future Benefit Concert, 8pm. Come out for a night of music with performances by Grammy Award winner Chrisette Michele, multi-platinum recording artist Oleta Adams and Haitian band sensation CaRiMi. Check out the promo video.
#12days12ways is another great place to start.
Here's the recap:
11th Way to Discover Haiti: Literature
10th Way to Discover Haiti: A Young Haiti
9th Way to Discover Haiti: Artistry
8th Way to Discover Haiti: BONUS: #12days12ways GIVEAWAY!!! Hope and A Future Concert + EXCLUSIVE GUEST PASSES
7th Way to Discover Haiti: Food...Food...Food...
6th Way to Discover Haiti: Community2Community
5th Way to Discover Haiti: Share in their struggles
4th Way to Discover Haiti: Remember the earthquake and never forget
3rd Way to Discover Haiti: Historical Facts - After the Independence
2nd Way to Discover Haiti: Historical Facts - Before the Independence
1st Way to Discover Haiti: Happy Independence Day!!!
Contact us with any questions, ideas or comments!
Just a thought...
"For beautiful eyes, look for the good in other; for beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness; and for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone."
- Audrey Hepburn
- Audrey Hepburn
- Street Thread: The shoes!
- Street Thread: The guys.
- Just a thought...
- Street Thread: The gals!
- #HAAF2012 by Tara Nicole Moss (PHOTOS)
- Farewell to an icon: Etta James
- 'Hope and A Future' Concert by Afrikanspot (PHOTOS...
- To be black or not to be?
- Thank you!
- Happy MLK day!
- 12th Way to Discover Haiti: You!
- 11th Way to Discover Haiti: Literature
- 10th Way to Discover Haiti: A Young Haiti.
- 9th Way to Discover Haiti 's culture: Artistry
- BONUS: #12days12ways GIVEAWAY!!! Hope and A Future...
- 7th Way to Discover Haiti: Food... Food... Food......
- 6th Way to Discover Haiti: Community2Community
- 5th Way to Discover Haiti: Share in their struggle...
- 4th Way to Discover Haiti: Remember the earthquake...
- 3rd Way to Discover Haiti: Historical Facts - Afte...
- 2nd Way to Discover Haiti: Historical Facts - Befo...
- 1st Way to Discover Haiti: Happy Independence Day!...
- Happy New Year!
- ▼ January (23)
- ► 2011 (404)
- ► 2010 (213)